Establishing a company and its talent as thought leaders is an important component of a PR strategy, but for many businesses, creating consistent content is a challenge.
It is a constant struggle to execute and maintain a content strategy and plan when writing is not a priority for the experts to be featured. Writing a blog article, op-ed or column can take time – time that most leaders simply don’t have available among myriad responsibilities. And not every thought leader is a strong writer!
So how do you create a successful content marketing strategy to establish thought leadership?
Hire a ghost writer!
We support many clients with content creation, serving as ghost writers. We learn about the subject matter, create a story angle, draft the article in the author’s voice, and pitch the piece for publication when appropriate.
What is the process?
- We work with your marketing or business development team to understand your goals and who would be best positioned as thought leaders to meet those goals
- The next step is to identify themes, messaging, and topics that align with the goals, and which of the firm’s thought leaders would serve as the best representative on those topics
- We then work with the team to create a schedule so that all thought leaders are not overly burdened with content development
- Prior to drafting the article, we learn as much as we can about the topic, meet with the thought leader to understand key information to be included – this meeting also helps inform the “author’s” voice – and determine the angle of the article
- We draft the article and provide the author opportunity to review and edit
- Once approved, we determine how the article might be leveraged for maximum return – could it be published on LinkedIn? Or maybe it would make a good column for a business or industry publication?
- Once additional uses are determined, we revise as necessary to ensure it is tailored for the targeted platform and audience, then pitch it for publication
In addition to PR, content is a critical component of SEO strategy. Don’t waste your investment in marketing and business development by not committing to content generation.
Our team can help! Let our writers help your thought leaders showcase their expertise and your firm’s capabilities.